Firewall Net tests, install & configure
FireWall.net - Guide to install and configure a PC FireWall firewall_15off_468X60

mpf_120x60.gif

Discuss forum

You can express yourself about firewall related topics.

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Firewall Rules
Author: AM (---.plus.com)
Date:   03-18-03 16:38

Hello,

I have Tiny Personal Firewall 4 and am having major problems with the rules. Is there anywhere I can look for a description of what each port or protocol is used for? Or is anyone able to offer guidence? I am setting it up from scratch and am having problems.

Thanks.

Reply To This Message

Re: Firewall Rules
Author: TA (---.ait.ac.th)
Date:   03-24-03 03:28

Hi,

Try this guide here.
http://www.dslextreme.com/users/surferslim/tpf.html

It's for Kerio 2 but rules can be useful.

Also when you install Outpost Firewall, it comes with a lot of rules for most applications and port and protocol descriptions. These are in the from of comma separated text files or ini files inside the installation folder. I don't remember the file extensions.

Hope this helps.

Reply To This Message

Re: Firewall Rules
Author: AM (---.plus.com)
Date:   03-24-03 16:41

Well I went with Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5 in the end, which I have replaced Norton 2003 with. Much better than Norton, but I am wondering what's the best out of TPF4 and the Sygate one? It's a lot easier to use, but I remember reading that TPF was one of the best about and lower on resources than most too.

I have TPF4 installed on a test machine still so I will try your suggestion on that, thanks.

Reply To This Message
 Forum List  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.