Firewall Net tests, install & configure
FireWall.net - Guide to install and configure a PC FireWall VirusScan Online - 468x60

mpf_120x60.gif

Discuss forum

You can express yourself about firewall related topics.

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 WinRoute Pro & A4Proxy
Author: Robby Gedhange (200.194.97.---)
Date:   11-19-02 11:05

I have a problem when trying to get WinRoute Pro and A4Proxy working together. It’s a rather long story and I hope you have time to read it.

I manage a network of 15 computers: a Win2000 server box, several WinXP boxes, and a WinXP notebook (it’s an IBM ThinkPad A21m). The LAN uses 100MB ethernet and works without no problem. I installed WinRoute Pro in the notebook to share internet connection, because the notebook is the only computer that has a modem. I set WinRoute Pro using NAT and succeeded, the internet connection sharing was good without any problem. I set NAT security so that all ports in the notebook were blocked (I tested it in www.sygatetech.com).

Not too long ago I learned about anon proxies and I decided to use anon proxies for the notebook (just for the notebook). I set IE manually to use anon proxies and there’s still no problem. Then I found out about A4Proxy (a proxy support manager) and installed it in the notebook. I had some valid anon proxies, but IE (in the notebook) cannot load any website I wanted to visit. I played with WinRoute settings and I figured out that I have to exclude the notebook from NAT in order to solve (half of) the problem, but it means that my notebook is not secured anymore from the net. I tried to fiddle with WinRoute’s packet filtering to no avail. I still want to use A4Proxy if possible. As a proxy support, it works great, but it creates problem when combined with WinRoute. A4Proxy uses port 80 as browser port and check port. Could you please give me some suggestions for this, maybe how to setup packet filtering properly for this combination?

Reply To This Message

Winroute Firewall configure
Author: Carlos Cianci 
Date:   01-29-03 00:33

Hello:

I need help to configure the filter in winroute. I have some clients and I want give permision to some of them to use the port 80, 25, 110,... and restrict the access to the others. Thank for your help and sorry my English. I'm from Argentina and I'm learning English.

Carlos Cianci
Argentina

Reply To This Message
 Forum List  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.