Firewall Net tests, install & configure
FireWall.net - Guide to install and configure a PC FireWall firewall_15off_468X60

mpf_120x60.gif

Discuss forum

You can express yourself about firewall related topics.

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Iptables, games
Author: Ian (64.161.51.---)
Date:   01-14-02 21:32

I have a wireless connection through a labtop that I use nat to distribute to one web server and 3 or more windows machines....win 2000,win 98. It works great....except every once in a while sometimes once a day I will be playing a game with a friend on the network and it dies. Completely dead, can't get on the interenet on any of the computers for maybe 10 minutes maybe 2 hours. After that time.(10min,2hrs) it just works again....(in this time I have tried..rebooting the labtop, restarting all the machines, moving my wireless dish around, disconnecting everything and reconnecting it).... I am not very good with linux...I just crudely have NAT forwarding my internatal connections. I get the error 6 Nat Messages Suppressed usually ...but the network will run with that error any ways. I would think some sort of cache or memory was getting too full the handle my network....but I restart the machine and that should clear everything. It might never be directly related to the game except that is when I put the most pressure on the connetion. So any one have any ideas? I will very much appreciate it.
Ian

Reply To This Message

Re: Iptables, games
Author: chryjs (---.zehc.net)
Date:   04-29-02 17:44

It looks like a provider breakout, with pppoe not clearing the lost heart beats. Did some errors prompted on the firewall ?

To precise your problem or provide an answer it could help if you put (here or by email), some of :
- your config file (eg iptables),
- your logs (dmesg or others depending how you configured it),
- maybe add some infos, like your distrib+release, kernel+rel and so on,

Regards

Chryjs

Reply To This Message
 Forum List  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.