Firewall Net tests, install & configure
FireWall.net - Guide to install and configure a PC FireWall VirusScan Online - 468x60

mpf_120x60.gif

Discuss forum

You can express yourself about firewall related topics.

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 winroute + MSN messenger
Author: Smullie (---.upc-c.chello.nl)
Date:   12-17-01 19:59

I have winroute 4.1pro and MSN messenger (ver. 4.5: the xp version) installed. When i invite someone to make a video connection the other user can accept the call but the connection is directly dropped (back to the chat screen). The only problem i can think of is a wrong setting in my firewall since a connection without a firewall works ok. Can anyone help me with this problem?
My config :

server (with winroute):
windows 2000 server (without internet connection sharing enabled)
1 networkcard for internal lan (without NAT)
1 networkcard for my cableconnection (with NAT)

workstation:
windows xp home
1 networkcard (without the personal firewall enabled)

Best regards,

Reply To This Message

Re: winroute + MSN messenger
Author: barry (---.dial.freesurf.nl)
Date:   01-20-02 14:22

I have amost the same problem. I cannot even sign in in MSN messenger...I have XP as well, I use winroute 4.1 on a machine with windows ME. This PC is the server and connected to the internet with a modem. My other PC(client) runs under XP. I can surf the net etc, but I cannot sign in with MSN.on the XP machine..strange huh.....is winroute compatible with XP messenger?????

If you have a solution, please send it to [email protected]. It will be highly appreciated....

:-)

Reply To This Message

Author: Matt (---.telepac.pt)
Date:   02-27-02 14:20

I am behind a firewall (LAN) and I am always "signing out" of MSN Messenger. I can connect to the service but I am "disconnect" all the time. What should I do ????

Reply To This Message

Author: Matt (---.telepac.pt)
Date:   02-27-02 14:22

I am behind a firewall (LAN) and I am always "signing out" of MSN Messenger. I can connect to the service but I am "disconnect" all the time. What should I do ????

Reply To This Message

Author: Bart van Limpt (---.s210.wau.nl)
Date:   03-04-02 17:18

Get Trillian

Reply To This Message

Author: SameProbHere (---.reverse.qdsl-home.de)
Date:   05-05-02 19:20

I use ICQ. I can send but cannot receive files.
I use mIRC. I can receive but not send any files.

Any idea?

Reply To This Message

Author: Brendan 
Date:   06-25-02 14:30

I have Winroute Pro installed on a machine acting as a gateway and DHCP server to a Telstra Bigpond Cable connection.

My msn works fine and never drops out. However I cant transfer files or have an audio/video connection on any of my XP clients.
Audio/Video works fine between 2 machines that are located behind behind the firewall. Just cant get it through. Can anyone help me with a set of rules that will allow this????

Also the link below will get you some added support for DV cams on windows xp

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q310507

Reply To This Message

Author: Manuel de Arcos 
Date:   08-14-02 22:36

I can´t even connect to MSN messenger. I have Winroute on a server. How do I enable connecting to MSN messenger??

Reply To This Message
 Forum List  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.