Firewall Net tests, installation & configuration
FireWall Net - Guide installation configuration Firewalls

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Iptables, games

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Ian
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 14 Jan, 2002    Sujet du message: Iptables, games Répondre en citant

I have a wireless connection through a labtop that I use nat to distribute to one web server and 3 or more windows machines....win 2000,win 98. It works great....except every once in a while sometimes once a day I will be playing a game with a friend on the network and it dies. Completely dead, can't get on the interenet on any of the computers for maybe 10 minutes maybe 2 hours. After that time.(10min,2hrs) it just works again....(in this time I have tried..rebooting the labtop, restarting all the machines, moving my wireless dish around, disconnecting everything and reconnecting it).... I am not very good with linux...I just crudely have NAT forwarding my internatal connections. I get the error 6 Nat Messages Suppressed usually ...but the network will run with that error any ways. I would think some sort of cache or memory was getting too full the handle my network....but I restart the machine and that should clear everything. It might never be directly related to the game except that is when I put the most pressure on the connetion. So any one have any ideas? I will very much appreciate it.
Ian
firewall.net
Site Admin

france.gif
MessagePosté le: Lun 29 Avr, 2002    Sujet du message: Re: Iptables, games Répondre en citant

It looks like a provider breakout, with pppoe not clearing the lost heart beats. Did some errors prompted on the firewall ?

To precise your problem or provide an answer it could help if you put (here or by email), some of :
- your config file (eg iptables),
- your logs (dmesg or others depending how you configured it),
- maybe add some infos, like your distrib+release, kernel+rel and so on,

Regards

Chryjs
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: