Firewall Net tests, installation & configuration
FireWall Net - Guide installation configuration Firewalls

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Windows 2000 Server Firewall

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Mark Austin
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Mai, 2003    Sujet du message: Windows 2000 Server Firewall Répondre en citant

I have just taken ownership of a dedicated Windows 2000 server which I'd like to use for hosting some websites. I've installed Netshield Anti-Virus and Server Alive Monitoring, but can anyone recommend some firewall software? Someone said that I could just as well use a piece of personal firewall software such as Zone Alarm Pro - would this be sufficient for a server hosting websites?

Now I know that many of you are going to suggest I use a firewall hardware solution, but as I do not have direct access to the server (it's housed miles away with an ISP) a firewall software solution is the only option I've got......just not sure what software would be best???
firewall.net
Site Admin

france.gif
MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Mai, 2003    Sujet du message: Re: Windows 2000 Server Firewall Répondre en citant

Hello,

Using a windows server for remotely hosting many web sites is maybe not the best solution but I suppose you already thought about this point and that probably you use applications locked on that one.

So far I am suprised that your ISP doesn't provide also a good firewalling service. Or maybe yes he is but maybe too expensive to your part Smile

Regarding my point of view there's no good profesionnal firewalling solutions to protect the reunning server itself.
Therefore I would suggest you to choose one after checking :
- you understand well how it works,
- you've tested its support teams asking them a couple of questions : be sure the time you will need them they will be less efficient that you ever needed (Murphy's law),
- its compatible with your needs (and maybe with your cash).

Let me suggest also to use a VPN connection for all the admin access operations , so far check that your firewall allows you to do such.

Regards,

[%sig%]
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 27 Mai, 2003    Sujet du message: Re: Windows 2000 Server Firewall Répondre en citant

hi this is not really on this subject, but can a fire wall be used for dial up? and if so which is a good fire wall for dial up? or are they only for DSL high speed internet whats a good fire wall if you have a cable modem? amd service through comcast? thank you for you reply
gouri sanker
Invité

MessagePosté le: Ven 12 Sep, 2003    Sujet du message: Re: Windows 2000 Server Firewall Répondre en citant

respected sir
I want the site to down load installation,maintanence of microsoft 95,98,nt,2k..,linux ,unix.please tell me from where can i down load free stuff for this.
thanking you YOURS FAITHFULLY,
GOURI SANKER VARMA.
nsw9

MessagePosté le: Dim 19 Oct, 2003    Sujet du message: Re: Windows 2000 Server Firewall Répondre en citant

hi guys,

how about ISA firewall, I am sure guys have tried in here and they are welcome to comment on it.

Thanks
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
eyelet
Habitué

MessagePosté le: Sam 03 Sep, 2005    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

xenical - http://www.bestrxpills.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: