Firewall Net tests, installation & configuration
FireWall Net - Guide installation configuration Firewalls

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

WinRoute Pro & A4Proxy

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Robby Gedhange
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Nov, 2002    Sujet du message: WinRoute Pro & A4Proxy Répondre en citant

I have a problem when trying to get WinRoute Pro and A4Proxy working together. It’s a rather long story and I hope you have time to read it.

I manage a network of 15 computers: a Win2000 server box, several WinXP boxes, and a WinXP notebook (it’s an IBM ThinkPad A21m). The LAN uses 100MB ethernet and works without no problem. I installed WinRoute Pro in the notebook to share internet connection, because the notebook is the only computer that has a modem. I set WinRoute Pro using NAT and succeeded, the internet connection sharing was good without any problem. I set NAT security so that all ports in the notebook were blocked (I tested it in www.sygatetech.com).

Not too long ago I learned about anon proxies and I decided to use anon proxies for the notebook (just for the notebook). I set IE manually to use anon proxies and there’s still no problem. Then I found out about A4Proxy (a proxy support manager) and installed it in the notebook. I had some valid anon proxies, but IE (in the notebook) cannot load any website I wanted to visit. I played with WinRoute settings and I figured out that I have to exclude the notebook from NAT in order to solve (half of) the problem, but it means that my notebook is not secured anymore from the net. I tried to fiddle with WinRoute’s packet filtering to no avail. I still want to use A4Proxy if possible. As a proxy support, it works great, but it creates problem when combined with WinRoute. A4Proxy uses port 80 as browser port and check port. Could you please give me some suggestions for this, maybe how to setup packet filtering properly for this combination?
Carlos Cianci
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Jan, 2003    Sujet du message: Winroute Firewall configure Répondre en citant

Hello:

I need help to configure the filter in winroute. I have some clients and I want give permision to some of them to use the port 80, 25, 110,... and restrict the access to the others. Thank for your help and sorry my English. I'm from Argentina and I'm learning English.

Carlos Cianci
Argentina
rosi
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 07 Juil, 2003    Sujet du message: Re: Problem in choosing which firewall is better and free Répondre en citant

Hi, I have a problem here. As i know that my computer which is using window xp home edition comes with a firewall. But the sad thing is that my computer still get hack. I heard from a chat friend that there is a site that i could download free firewall. And that i could know the person who is trying to hack my computer. If there is anything like it could anyone tell me cos i really need help as i'm the victim of hackers.........Sad
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: