Firewall Net tests, installation & configuration
FireWall Net - Guide installation configuration Firewalls

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

WinRoute & MSN Zone (and other games)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Black Knight
Invité

MessagePosté le: Ven 01 Fév, 2002    Sujet du message: WinRoute & MSN Zone (and other games) Répondre en citant

For the life of me, I can't seem to get WinRoute to pass MSN's Zone information to pass through to my local network. Other games seem to be halted as well (All three Quakes work, however)

(Win98 box w/ two NICs, one on internet, other local - ports for Zone are mapped)

WinRoute handles all IP addressing on local network.
Ian
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Fév, 2002    Sujet du message: Re: WinRoute & MSN Zone (and other games) Répondre en citant

Are you accepting connections from the outside? Because the Zone server needs to be able to initiate a connection with you so if you are blocking all starting packets, or something like that it won't work.(I am pretty sure) What game are you playing on the zone? And how many computers on your internal network are playing it?
Ian
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Fév, 2002    Sujet du message: Re: WinRoute & MSN Zone (and other games) Répondre en citant

PS are you using Windows XP?
ian
Invité

MessagePosté le: Ven 22 Fév, 2002    Sujet du message: Re: WinRoute & MSN Zone (and other games) Répondre en citant

I am still not sure if we are mutually understanding what i meant by initiating a connection. I am not sure if what I am saying is remotely helpful because I am using IPTABLES to masquerade and I am also using static internal ips.

So you have a server A and an internal computer B. B is playing the game and A is running winroute.

B starts tcp connections with outside world....starts sending and recieving thru A(essentially browsing the internet). B decides to start a game. B starts a connection.....sending and recieving thru A. The zone server decides it needs to start a connection with B, it sends a request to A on port 9000 to start a connection with your external IP address 30.*.*.*(not knowing their are internal computers). A doesn't forward the port(because it has not been told to do so) so the connection is stopped at A. The external server cannot connect to B so your game play gets all screwed up.

PART I:If this is the case how I prevented this..... determine the ports the zone server needs to make connections at. Accept all connections at that port and forward them to the same port on B.

The packets might be UDP or TCP I am not sure.

PART II: Living the hell of using multiple computers trying to play the same game inside the network.

I have no clue how to do this with DHCP.....with static internal ip's here is what I did.

192.168.1.1 8000 Asheron's Call allows you to set PORT to use
for all port from 8000-8020 to 192.168.1.1
192.168.1.1 9000
for all port from 9000-9020 to 192.168.1.1
192.168.1.1 10000
for all port from 10000-10020 to 192.168.1.1
until you have covered the maximum amount of ip's you could have on your internal network. Then hope the zone server using the port you intitiate connections from to derive what ports it trys to connect to you on.

Tell me if I am being helpful.....it took me so long to get my games to work that is why I hope I am being helpful because it really ruined my month.

Ian
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: