Firewall Net tests, installation & configuration
FireWall Net - Guide installation configuration Firewalls

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Hide IP

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
janvisser
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 24 Fév, 2004    Sujet du message: Hide IP Répondre en citant

Hello

Is there a oppertunity to hide my ip-adres!(maybe with zonealarm pro)
berry

MessagePosté le: Jeu 04 Mar, 2004    Sujet du message: Re: Hide IP Répondre en citant

no , there is no way to do that.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
okg
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 15 Mar, 2004    Sujet du message: Re: Hide IP Répondre en citant

I am afraid it's impossible too.
Would you tell me why did you decide to do that.
Do you think it is unsafe?
Joe
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 24 Mar, 2004    Sujet du message: Re: Hide IP Répondre en citant

Sure there is a way to hide your IP...

Put a router between your machine and the net.
Mister Do Not
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Mai, 2004    Sujet du message: Re: Hide IP Répondre en citant

are you sure it is absolutely unreachable? i used to think that, but if you missconfigure your router or its not good enough you can be pinged
okg
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Mai, 2004    Sujet du message: Re: Hide IP Répondre en citant

Let’s separate abstract wishes and real vulnerabilities.

Hide IP is possible only with external hardware (router or proxy).
There are some service called anonymiser too (special sites to pass your connections through)

Ping availability is separate problem that does not concern with IP hide.
You have to block special ICMP port to be not pingable . If your firewall is able to do that, you could try. Be aware blocking your ICMP, the system after accident blocking could be unusable in the network terms.

Another question. Why do you think thank pingability is dangerous?
In this way any internet connected computer is dangerous, and even any turned on computer is dangerous.

You could read “myths & legends of internet security” issue at
http://sphinx-soft.com/club/myths.html
Cymric_Knight
Nouveau

MessagePosté le: Lun 09 Mai, 2005    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I had just leaned this in my Network Security class.

On the internet side place a dumb switch (no IP address), After that you connect your firewall, then another dumb switch. The reason the dumb switch is because it will not only hide your IP address but without an address an hacker will find it harder to attack. If you plave an IP address on the switch the hacker can give it it's own IP address as a destination thus disabling the switch and waltz his way into your network ... It would be best to also have the same system as a backup and cross-connected for redundency and reliability.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: