Firewall Net tests, installation & configuration
FireWall Net - Guide installation configuration Firewalls

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

InstaGate firewall and InstaRak

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kingsley Yong
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 27 Mar, 2002    Sujet du message: InstaGate firewall and InstaRak Répondre en citant

I need help with InstaGate and InstaRak, both from Esoft. I host my own DNS server, mail servers with IMail and web servers with IIS.

Then I bought the InstaGate appliance and then the InstaRak appliance. InstaGate is essentially a firewall with DMZ (Demilitarized zone) capability and InstaRak is a web server, mail server, FTP and even DNS all rolled into one. The InstaGate LAN IP address was configured as 192.168.10.254 and it serves as the gateway to the Internet, and it is currently working well. By the way, the computers in the LAN are configured with the IP addresses of 192.168.10.x. After I got the InstaRak, I got it configured as 192.168.11.1 to make use of the DMZ which should be on another subnet from the LAN itself.

What I did then was connect both the InstaRak and InstaGate to a 5-port hub to create a DMZ for our DNS server and mail server, which were formerly in the WAN and were unprotected (hence the need for a DMZ). Let's assume that the DNS server has a WAN IP address of 64.177.23.232 and the mail server has a WAN IP address of 64.177.23.233. The InstaGate is connected to the 5-port hub by running a CAT5 cable from the DMZ port to one of hub ports. I plan to migrate a few web sites and email hosting accounts to the InstaRak, but I am not sure how to do so.

First of all, I understand the in order to make use of the DMZ, I have to configure the firewall passthrough rules from the WAN (Internet) to the DMZ.

Assuming that I have set the passthrough rule for the mail server so that any request to 64.177.23.233 will be forwarded to 192.168.11.233 in the DMZ. The problem is how do I know that 192.168.11.233 is referring to the mail server?
If it's not, how do I make it so?

Secondly, how do I know that the mail server and DNS server is located in the DMZ and protected from the WAN?

Thirdly, if I want the InstaRak to host web sites and email, doesn't the InstaRak need a WAN IP address? Would I need to assign a hostname to it and if so, how can I do so? Also, would I have to register the InstaRak with the DNS manager in Windows NT Server 4.0 that I am currently using?

I would appreciate any advice, feedback or help regarding this.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Firewall-net.com Index du Forum -> Discuss Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: