Auteur: Yves (---.dialup-182.worldonline.fr)
Date: 30/04/2001 14:27
I've just received a e-mail from a buddy of mine who has tested BOB . He lives in Paris, France, he cannot possibly know U, unless you're an au pair girl - but that would be Ms, not Mrs :-((
He used the following security sites:
About incoming bounds:
That's OK, all ports seems to be either "closed" or "stealth", the TCP/UDP/ICMP tests are good.
Of course, more sophisticated testing could reveal a weakness.
About outgoing bounds: bad news !
- You cannot define authorized protocols (TCP/UDP,..) nor authorized ports,
- the authorized applications are referred by their DOS name (Path + filename), no encrypted base is used, and consequently the firewall can be fooled by masquerading.
In addition to this:
- programs like anonymisers or cookie crushers stop working, It is simply as if you didn't run any,
- no real time alarm is generated (e.g.pop-up window),
- the alarm list is confusing: just one single type (flood) is reported, whatever the attack was.
I know I burst your bubble, but BOB is not the right guy to make U happy.
Il y a des jours, comme ça...